If you’ve never tried kale before, these tasty chips are a sure fire preparation that will definitely hook you. If you like, be adventurous and vary the seasonings. Try chili powder or smoked paprika. Instead of the olive oil, use sesame oil with a few sesame seeds sprinkled on top. The combos are limitless.
1. Wash the kale well and dry (a salad spinner will do this in a flash).
2. Cut off the stems and remove any thick ribs and reserve for another use.
3. Place the leaves in large bowl and sprinkle with a little extra virgin olive (about one tablespoon for about four cups of leaves) and salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Place in a single layer on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake in a preheated 300°F/150°C for about 25 to 30 minutes or until kale is crisp.
5. Remove from the oven and cool them on a rack – unless they get snatched away and eaten first.